Our mentorship program allows advanced Spanish speakers a chance to help their peers improve their oral and written Spanish comprehension skills through a mentor-mentee relationship.
As a mentor, you will assist the Spanish Student Organization in serving all of its union members through your significant contribution to each of our academic and social events.
1. You will help guide conversation labs
2. You will offer written and grammatical help
3. You will help operate our information sessions
– All mentors will automatically be registered as general members.
– All native and/or bilingual Spanish speakers
– All advanced Spanish speakers (students taking intermediate and advanced level Spanish courses)
– Upper-year students enrolled in a Spanish program (i.e. 3rd, 4th and plus year students)
– No past tutoring or mentorship experience needed.
– One (1) mentorship workshop per month
– Each workshop lasts between 1 – 2 hours, which is divided into 20 minute intervals
– Each mentor will be assigned a specific 20 minute time-slot